Here in the City of Gadsden, we enjoy a wide range of activities that are as far reaching and diverse as the citizenry itself. The Parks and Recreation Department embraces the challenge of providing you with an extensive schedule of public activities as well as individual classes that focus directly on your interests. Please call Parks & Recreation Main Office @ 256-549-4680 for questions about any events listed below:
7/16 - Outdoor Movie Night at Banks Park 7:30-10:00 p.m.
- Outside the community center but in the park are
- Animation Tuesday. A free family friendly event bring a chair, blanket or food. Vendors will be onsite selling items. Event sponsored by the City of Gadsden Parks and Recreation Department
7/23 - Movie Night at Noccalula Falls Campground Stage (the stage just past the Chapel)
- Animation Tuesday. A free family friendly event bring a chair, blanket or food. Vendors will be onsite selling items. Event sponsored by the City of Gadsden Parks and Recreation Department.
7/27 - Parks and Recreation Celebration Day 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- You are invited to participate in Celebration of Parks and Recreation Month Saturday, July 27, 2019 held at the Moragne Park
7/30 - Movie Night at Carver Community Center (this event will be outside)
- Animation Tuesday. A free family friendly event bring a chair, blanket or food. Vendors will be on site selling items. Event sponsored by the City of Gadsden Parks and Recreation Department
8/17 - 8th Annual Habitat for Humanity Dragon Boat Festival
- Sat., Aug. 17, 2019 at Riverwalk Park in Gadsden, AL. Registration is open, deadline to apply is Aug. 2, 2019 For more information visit http://habitatdragonboat.com/
8/23 - Movie Night at Moragne Park Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Gadsden Parks & Recreation is excited to announce our Outdoor Movie Nights. This is a free event for everyone to attend. So bring your blanket, chair, and snacks. Vendors will be set-up at each event. Each movie will begin just after sunset. The month of July is Parks and Recreation month, we invite everyone to come watch Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Friday night, July 26, then come on Saturday to enjoy games with us in the greenspace at Moragne Park.
8/2 - Summer Concert at the Amp
- Cover band Az Izz pays tribute to Motown, Funk, and Soul. Az Izz has long been known as one of the best live dance bands in Georgia. This concert is free to enter and cushions and coolers are welcome.
9/6 - Summer Concert at the Amp
- September - Tribute to 80's Hairband U.S. is a rock band whose main mission seems to be keeping rock music alive and well in the southeast.
9/27 - Movie Night at Dub Parker Boat Launch and Park
- Join us at 7:30 p.m. to watch the movie ‘JAWS’ at Dub Parker Boat Launch and Park. Boats are welcome at this event to watch the movie on the water. This is a free event for everyone to attend. So bring your blanket, chair, and snacks.
10/5 - Halloween Super Bash at Noccalula Falls
- Park open 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Games and activities are 9:00a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Admission to this event is $6.00 for all ages 4 and up.
10/12 - Tractor Show at Noccalula Falls Campground
- The Weiss Lake Power Association along with the City of Gadsden will present the “G” Roundup Antique Tractor Show. The show will be held at Noccalula Falls Campground. Vendors and all styles of tractors welcome. Admission $5.00.
10/19 - 10/20 - 7th Annual Noccalula Falls Pow Wow
- Adults $5.00, 6-14 and over 65 $3.00, Family $10.00, Military in uniform are admitted free.
- Daily Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
10/22 - Therapeutic Fall Festival
10/26 - 10/30 - Renew Our Rivers
- For more information about the event or to register visit: http://etowahcounty.org/keep-etowah-beautiful/
11/6 - Veterans Day Luncheon/Parade
- The Annual Veterans Parade on Broad Street honoring all who have served our country. Get your Parade Entry forms at the Greater Gadsden Area Tourism Board or download from their website under download forms/guides, or pick them up at our office, Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from 10am-Noon. Deadline for Application is October 21st.
11/13 - Senior Holiday Luncheon at 210 at the Tracks
11/26 - P.A.W.S on the Falls
- Bring your furbaby and wag in the Christmas season with The City of Gadsden and Humane Society Pet Rescue & Adoption Center on November 26, 2017 for Paws at the Falls.
11/28 - 1/5/20 - Christmas at the Falls
- 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Christmas at the Falls runs nightly from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and kicks off on Thanksgiving evening at 5 p.m. and runs through December 23rd. Tickets can be purchased at the Noccalula Falls Entry Pavilion each day starting at 4 p.m. Tickets for ages 4 and older are $6, 3 and younger are free. Weather conditions can cause the closure of Christmas at the Falls as the train cannot run in inclement weather. Weather closures will be posted on social media channels and can be confirmed by phone at 256-549-4663.
12/6 - 12/8 - Mistletoe Market
- This event will be held at the Downtown Civic Center from December 6th through December 7th.
12/6 - Christmas Tree Lighting at City Hall
12/7 - Broad Street Parade
12/14 - Carver's Christmas Parade
Gadsden Quilters Guild Every 2nd & 4th Thursday of each month @ Downtown Civic Center 10am. Call Diane Short for more info 256-546-3360
radKids- Providing education that enhances the ability of children, parents, and families to protect themselves from violence and harm.
The current radKids program has ended for this summer. Check back with us for updates, or contact us for more information at 256-546-3360.
Diane Short, Program Coordinator