City of Gadsden Building Department
The goal of the Building Department for the City of Gadsden is to provide protection for the health, safety and welfare of the general public in relation to the use and occupancy of structures by the enforcement of International Building Codes and to protect the general public from abuse by unlicensed Contractors or sub-contractors by enforcement of State Contractor Licensing Laws.
- The Building Department is responsible for issuing building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical permits for commercial and residential building projects in Gadsden.
- The Building Department is also responsible for issuing permits for Rental Inspections for all rental properties in Gadsden, as required by City Ordinance.
- The Building Department enforces Zoning Ordinances for Gadsden. This includes investigating businesses operating in residential districts, or in improper zones.
- The Building Department enforces Nuisance Abatement complaints involving abandoned vehicles, trash and debris in yards, abandoned houses, overgrown grass
Procedures, Forms, and Information
Permits and Fees
- Fee Schedule - Building Permit
- Cell Tower Permit Application Information
- Sign Permit Application
- Flood Plain Development Permit Application
- Fee Schedule - Plumbing Permit
- Fee Schedule - Mechanical Permit
- Fee Schedule - Gas Permit
- Fee Schedule - Electrical Permit
- Building Permit Application
- On-Premise Sign PDF