The department's eight community centers are located throughout the city. Six of the facilities have gymnasiums, as well as meeting and activity rooms that are open to the public. Elliott Community Center is our largest center and has several meeting rooms, two game rooms, a 325 seat auditorium / theater, and is currently home to the Gadsden Historical Society.
The Jack Gaston Coliseum, located at the sports complex, along with its many sporting and civic events is the home to the Therapeutic Recreation Department.
The Senior Activity Center is located in the heart of downtown Gadsden and will be home to the senior adult groups and their activities. Also, the newly constructed Banks Park Recreation Center and the recently renovated Pitman Theater have further expanded our ability to offer a wide range of mixed use spaces for events as varied as birthday parties, corporate events, weddings, and much more.
- Banks Park
- Banks Park Meeting Center
- Carver Complex (Community Center, Gym, and Nutrition)
- Convention Hall (Convention Hall, Amphitheatre)
- East Gadsden Community Center
- Elliott Complex (Community Center, Nutrition)
- Gadsden Sports Complex (Sports Complex, Tennis Complex)
- Mitchell Community Center
- Noccalula Falls Park (Home Page)
- Raymond Hill Community Center
- Senior Activity Complex (Senior Building, Pitman, Waterwall)
- Therapeutic Dept.
- Thompson Community Center
- Walnut Park Community Center